Are you a passionate people leader who is capable of managing critical incidents and implementing continuous improvement whilst making a meaningful contribution to the community services sector?
- Be the Place You Want to Work
- Salary packaging to $15,900 | Fitness Passport
- Diversity and Inclusion | Hybrid work environment
- Location: Dubbo
Westhaven has a newly created position of On-Call Manager who will provide leadership and direction within a multidisciplinary team to achieve people-focused quality care, particularly during critical incidents.
Westhaven is and will continue to be the provider of choice for disability support services and accommodation across regional NSW. Westhaven provides client-centric, high-quality programs and activities that provide whole-of-life support for people with disability, including offering houses that are homes, enabling choice and control and supporting clients to live life the way they choose.
About the role
The On-Call Manager will lead a team of On-Call Advisors to manage Westhaven’s On-Call Service. This service is designed to provide immediate support to staff caring for Participants, Children & Young Persons in the event of critical incidents, emergencies and behaviour escalations.
- Provide leadership and coaching to develop a high-performing team
- Interpret information to triage, escalate and or resolve complex issues relating to acute incidents and Participant and Child/Young Person's care
- Report on the collection and analysis of service data and make recommendations to improve the service
- Coordinate post-incident reviews and opportunities to debrief in matters of significant complexity
To be at the forefront of this opportunity you will:
- Have sound understanding of the needs and supports of people living with a Disability
- Demonstrated experience managing a diverse team within a complex environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have proven leadership capability with hands-on leadership skills and the ability to mentor and skill-develop a team
- Are self-motivated and thrive within a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Highly desirable attributes include:
- Certificate IV or Diploma (or working towards) in Disability Services, Community Services or Individual Support desirable
- Working experience in the area of disability services or similar
Essential requirements of the role:
- A current NSW Driver’s licence
- The ability to obtain and maintain a paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a National Disability Insurance Scheme Workers Check (NDISWC)
Please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your abilities to undertake the key responsibilities of this role.
We encourage diversity and inclusion
Westhaven is passionate about social justice and diversity and is committed to being an EEO employer. We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island heritage and people with lived experience of disability.
For more information or confidential enquiries please email Lyndall Smith, Governance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5:00pm Wednesday 22 March 2023