Westhaven is a not for profit, community-based charity organisation, who have been providing support to adult and children and young people with disability within NSW for over 60 years. We have a strong focus on quality, flexible and persons centred disability services.
We are currently seeking casual Support Workers to work at our Broken Hill locations.
Key Responsibilities You will be providing hands on care and support people with a disability.
- Provide personal care as required, according to level of need.
- You will support people with a disability to develop their personal, social and living skills.
- Work across multiple roster options over a 24/7 period, including weekends, public holidays and sleepovers.
Skills & Experience.
- Preferred previous experience working with persons with behaviours of concern.
- Competent written, verbal and computer-based communication skills.
- Experience supporting people with disabilities.
- An understanding of trauma informed care and practices.
- Experience supporting people with disability and challenging behaviours
- Ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the service and the people we support.
- An unrestricted current Drivers Licence.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- We require our people to be both adaptable and flexible for both our clients and their families. The hours of work can vary as we meet our clients ever evolving service requirements. We have multiple roster options over a 24/7 period, including weekends, public holidays and sleepovers.
- Completion of the 'NDIS Worker Orientation Module" www.https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/
Holding a current Working with Children Check and completing a National Criminal History Record Check clearance are requirements of this position.
Any published closing dates are estimates only. We aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advert as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Confidential enquiries to email@example.com
Westhaven is a Smoke Free Workplace